Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dough Boy

I had the pleasure tonight to babysit one of my favorite people - my cousin, Adam. Okay, so he's my cousin once removed for those who are picky about it. Regardless, he's two and adorable. When he comes over, he loves to play with cars, farm animals, and tortures the dog. Today, I decided to do a sensory activity with him and, thanks to the wonderful world of Pinterest, I found a homemade Play-doh recipe. I altered it slightly, but here's the original recipe if you'd like to take a gander.

Ingredients:
1 c. flour plus more for kneading
2 Tbsp. salt
2 Tbsp. cream of tartar
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 c. warm water
1 (3 oz.) package Jell-O

In a medium saucepan, mix all ingredients together with a whisk until smooth. Mixture will be liquidy.


On medium heat, constantly stir until thick and the dough easily forms into a ball in the saucepan. The dough will burn easily so make sure you scrape the bottom and sides as you stir.



Sprinkle flour on a cookie sheet. With a non-stick spatula, spread dough over floured tray and allow to cool. When cooled, knead flour until it is play-doh consistency.

I followed the original directions and used wax paper. Never again!

Give to your favorite person and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment