Thursday, November 3, 2011

Out of House and Home

Surprise! Your cousin is going into labor 2 weeks early! And guess what? You agreed to house and dog-sit while her and her husband are at the hospital.

That's what my week has been like. On Monday, October 31 I got a text saying that my cousin was in labor. I received the text immediately after having an hour long massage. (I would like to say I was nice and relaxed, but that would be lying. I had the massage to alleviate pain. And if any one has ever had a massage to alleviate pain, they too know that it is anything but relaxing.) Anyway, on the way home I stopped at the grocery store to pick up dinner. Down the freezer aisle I roamed until I spotted it. Or maybe it spotted me. Regardless of who/what did the spotting, I knew I had to have them: Pierogies.




Flashback! Post-college. Roomie: Pigat. 
Right after college, Pigat and I didn't know how to cook many things. We were more of the heat-and-eat kinds of people. Pigat's specialty was pierogies. At the time, I had no idea what pierogies were, and the whole potato/pasta thing really threw me off. But one taste and I was hooked.

So here I am in my cousin's house armed with a box of Mrs. T's, a jar of Prego, and a small zucchini. Heat-and-eat magic, here I come!


Ingredients:
1 box Mrs. T's Pierogies
1 small jar Prego spaghetti sauce
1 small zucchini
1 TBSP butter
Parmesan cheese for extra cheesy love

BEGIN! - 0:00 
Set a large pot of water to boil.

0:15 
 When water is boiling, add frozen perogies.

0:16 
 While perogies are doing their thing, chop the zucchini into ½ chunks.

0:18 
 Heat a large skillet and melt butter.

0:20 
Pierogies will float when they are ready to come out of the water.
Add perogies and zucchini to the skillet. Stir zucchini occasionally.

0:25 
 Flip perogies, toss zucchini. Pierogies and zucchini should be lightly browned.

0:30
 Add pasta sauce and stir.




Serve! - 0:33


And may I present: Jackson Andrew!  :)
Born November 1, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment